This Linkedin Infographic has been one of the most popular feature here.
When we see an update, we’ll update this post so you know it’s the latest Linked Infographic
Beyond the LinkedIn Infographic
- LinkedIn’s founders are Reid Hoffman, Allen Blue, Konstantin Guericke, Eric Ly and Jean-Luc Vaillant. LinkedIn started out in the living room of co-founder Reid Hoffman in 2002.
- The site officially launched on May 5, 2003. At the end of the first month in operation, LinkedIn had a total of 4,500 members in the network.
- The company is publicly held and has a diversified business model with revenues coming from talent solutions, marketing solutions and premium subscription products.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., LinkedIn also has U.S. offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Omaha and San Francisco. International LinkedIn offices are located in Amsterdam, Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Mumbai, Munich, New Delhi, Paris, Perth, São Paulo, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto.
- LinkedIn is currently available in nineteen languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- LinkedIn has 3,779 full-time employees located around the world. LinkedIn started off 2012 with about 2,100 full-time employees worldwide, up from around 1,000 at the beginning of 2011 and about 500 at the beginning of 2010.
- LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 225 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- Sixty-four percent of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States.
- There are over 30 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn. They are LinkedIn’s fastest-growing demographic.
39M+ Asia and the Pacific
6M+ Southeast Asia
- LinkedIn counts executives from all 2012 Fortune 500 companies as members; its corporate talent solutions are used by 88 of the Fortune 100 companies.
- LinkedIn members did over 5.7 billion professionally-oriented searches on the platform in 2012.
- More than 2.9 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
- There are more than 1.5 million unique publishers actively using the LinkedIn Share button on their sites to send content into the LinkedIn platform.
- LinkedIn members are sharing insights and knowledge in more than 2.1 million LinkedIn Groups.
- In the first quarter of 2013, an average of 30 percent of unique visiting members came through mobile apps, versus just 19 percent a year ago.