Phil Simon is a sought-after speaker and recognized technology expert. He began working with emerging technologies in 1994 and now consults companies on how to optimize their use of technology. He’s the author of five books:
- Too Big to Ignore: The Business Case for Big Data (John Wiley & Sons, 2013)
- The Age of the Platform (Motion, 2011)
- The New Small (Motion, 2010)
- The Next Wave of Technologies (John Wiley & Sons, 2010)
- Why New Systems Fail (Cengage, 2010)
Book number six is slated for early 2014 and will be called The Visual Organization: How Intelligent Companies Use Data Visualization To Make Better Decisions.
His contributions have been featured in and on Inc. Magazine, NBC, CNBC, The Huffington Post, The Globe and Mail, the American Express Open Forum, Fast Company, Technorati, abcnews.com, forbes.com, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, ReadWriteWeb, and many other sites. He holds degrees from Carnegie Mellon University and Cornell University.